As the spring semester quickly comes to an end, many students are looking forward to internships, time at home and enjoying the beautiful weather without any obligations. I am already looking forward to my summer adventures and all of them involve food in some way. If you are staying in the area or Indiana for the summer, here are some fun foodie events that I would highly recommend for this summer:
- May 20, 2017 – Who doesn’t like the sound of trying bacon infused dishes paired with sipping on craft beer and cider? The Bacon and Beer Classic in Indianapolis at the Regions Tower. Tickets range from $39-$55, dependent on when you plan to enjoy the festivities.
- June 3, 2017 – Taste of Italy Festival will take place in Richmond, Indiana. This is an event that allows you to stroll through the city streets while enjoying delicious Italian & Specialty Food from local restaurants and unique food vendors.
- June 17, 2017 – Right in our backward, you can enjoy the Taste of Tippecanoe. Tickets only cost $5 and all proceeds benefit the Tippecanoe Arts Federation. This event will bring in more than 50,000 people and feature a huge array of local restaurants, live music and end with a fireworks show.
- August 4 – 20, 2017 – The 2017 Indiana State Fair theme is the Wonderful World of Food. The state fair in Indianapolis is known for their deep fried foods and delicious creations but this year each day a different food will be featured. Additionally, there will be an “Our Global Kitchen” exhibit from the American Museum of Natural History at the Harvest Pavilion. Buy tickets in advance for $8 and parking passes for $5.
- Enjoy bar specials throughout the summer, festivals within Indiana and many other fun food adventures.
This is the last week of required blogs for my COM 407 course but I hope to continue posting throughout the summer when I move to Minnesota and into the fall semester when I am back on campus. Stay tuned for my last two blogs this week…